First Batch of Winter Soviets

 

Haven't had a lot of hobby time this week, but I made an effort last weekend to start painting my pile of Soviets, managing 24 in about three days of fairly casual painting. These are all Warlord's 28mm plastics, which is a passable kit that shows its age a bit.

To make matters worse, I got these secondhand and partially assembled off of eBay when I first got into the hobby, and so some of the building and priming is a little... rough. Either way, I think my painting has saved them, at least from tabletop distances.

Their bases are MDF squares (leaders) and rounds (grunts), with a coat of brown craft paint, some snow from Citadel's Valhallan Blizzard, and a mix of Army Painter grass tufts.

There are many more Soviets to paint, and hopefully I can keep the momentum up and at least get a full platoon for Chain of Command done up.

First up, three SMG-armed squad leaders and a pistol-packing platoon leader. Spring has arrived here, and they look a bit out of place there in the sun.

A sniper
SMG gunners, one with a captured MP-40
SVT-40 armed riflemen. In most games, these would just count as normal riflemen, and I will likely use them as that most times. Chain of Command does include rules for adding semi-auto rifles to units, so it's worth knowing what models you have.
The regular riflemen
The whole gang






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

War in the Woods Game 6: Blood in the Pines

War in the Woods Game 4: Hielan' Laddies

War in the Woods Game 3: Fire in the Garden